Monday, March 7, 2011

Proverbs

Over the years I have collected a variety of writings that have moved, amused, or disturbed me (in a good way.)  I would like to share some of them from time to time.  Reading them is like rubbing a stone.  Slowly, they become smooth and shiny and even more profound.  I think the more they are read the better they get.  These have to do with friends and friendship:

I FANNED THE FLAME OF FRIENDSHIP
AND KINDLED THE FIRE OF LOVE

A FRIEND IS THE BEST POSSESSION.

I HAVE ROOM FOR ONE MORE
FRIEND,
AND HE IS EVERY MAN
“Quarrel with a friend and you are both wrong.”
Lao-tsi

“A friend is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.”
Aristotle

If you make but one friend in your entire life
You can count yourself lucky.

“I am wealthy in my friends.”
Shakespeare

Friendship ruins angels, and elevates man.”
Alex Drey

If I don’t have a friend I have nothing.

Wherever there is friendship there is a chance for human beings.

“A King cannot have a friend, but a peasant can.”
Ben Franklin

True friendship shows itself in private
 more then in the company of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment